The range of Laser Doppler Non-Contact Speed and Length Gauges provide accurate measurements
in the toughest production environments. The design uses a Class 3R Laser Diode Source
to generate a fringe pattern on the surface of the measured product.
The reflected signal is then collected and processed within the sensor .
The Speed and Length Gauge is an ideal choice for manufacturers producing fast or
slow continuously moving products.
Applications requiring a precise Cut-To-Length pro-duction process benefit from the
highly accurate non slip Laser Doppler measurement.
- Save material with precise, non-contact, non-slip
- Determine and control slip between material web and
- Monitor and control strip speed in real time.
- Monitor and control the speed of one or more parallel
Webs that need to be synchronised
- Monitor shrinkage or expansion/elongation of the
strip material during the production (rolling) process.
- Monitor and control speed differences between pulp
web and plastic blotter screens in paper production
- Detect and control dressing levels in sheet metal
and foil production. .
- Detect the risks of strip material fracture.
- Cut to length of continuously produced products.
- Replace existing encoder by interfacing with
equivalent quadrature signal into existing controls.
Wire, Cable, Pipe, Tube, Fibre, Ferrous & Non-Ferrous Metals, Paper, Corrugated Products,
Web Products, Woven & Non-Woven Products, Rubber Tube & Hose, Building Products,
Plastic Films & Tapes, Cardboard, Glass, Textiles, Foil, Gypsum Board, Fibre Glass,
Composites, Cement sheet, Timber etc.
- Speed range 0.3 to 3000 m/min
- Accuracy 0.05 %
- Repeatability 0.02 %
- Depth of field 100 mm
- Stand-off centre distance 250 mm
- 0.05% Accuracy
- Non Contact with Product
- No Slippage
- No Marking or Damage to Product Surface
- No Moving Parts
- No Calibration Required
- Not Affected By Material Surface or Color
- Tachometer Replacement Device
- Robust & Compact Design
- IP65, NEMA4 Protection
- Easy to Install & Integrate